Goddess Durga , Lord Ganesha and Guru’s blessings as a remedy for Lord Rahu and Ketu bad effects in our life :
Lord Ganesha and Sainath must bless and guide me to write this article when i was really worried as my mom had some breathing problems since last night. Shes feeling much better now and i wish we all take path of devotion for a better life.
Photos by Rajaram mama and my friend Kanna on a holy Navrathri festival with alankaram to Goddess Durga devi in our colony in this beautiful saree.
I started this article to post beautiful photography of Goddess Durga devi which was taken by my friend Kanna, Rajaram mama and myself in 2010 Navrathri festival. She’s the beautiful Durga of our Colony Siddhi Vinayakar temple .
I realized many people will be benefited if this article acts as a spark to make them take the path of devotion to Lord Ganesha, Shirdi Sai Baba and Goddess Durga. So tried to focus on the remedy for Lord Rahu, Ketu influences in life.
Devotion to Goddess Durga lighting lemon lamps :
Devotion to Goddess Durga wards off all dangers and evils from our house, family, and body. The reason why lemon lamps are lit in temples in the house ( some won’t light in house but i do ) during raagu kaal is to ward off the influence of Lord Raahu.
Friday – 10.30 Am to 12 PM – morning hours
Sunday – 4.30 PM to 6 PM- evening hours.
If you can’t light lemon lamps, light ordinary lamps with oil or ghee. If not on the above time, at least light any time in the morning or evening on any days.
Some understanding from my experience :
Friends, I am an ordinary devotee and not an expert but just to help devotees understand the effects of Rahu and kethu , let me clarify what i read from few astrology articles.
1. Rahu and kethu are responsible for breath – inhaling and exhaling respectively. So people who have Asthma, respiratory problems, or problems in the left side of the body like left eyes to left leg must worship Goddess Durga by listening to Durga Chalisa or if possible light lemon lamps on Friday and Sunday in a safe place.
2. Ketu represents the anal part of the body. People who have problems in the kidney, Reproductive organs , problems in pregnancy, etc can worship Lord Ganesha and Goddess Durga.
I myself have some problems and my father also recently had a prostate surgery ( kidney ). So I realized I must spread Devotion on Shirdi Sai baba and Goddess Durga.
Video about this article – Rahu and Ketu Remedies:
Rahu and Ketu effects on Career, Business and Bad company :
There are many problems in career, business, husband-wife-children and among friends if Rahu and Ketu are placed in few positions in the horoscope. Note – I am not an astrologer, so no questions about it. My goal is to show ways to take the path of Devotion along with other aspects of hard work, honestly, truthfulness, humanity, etc.
When it comes to Career, I suffered a lot with lots of disappointments, setbacks for years which gave birth to StarSai.com in 2004. Some people grow in life to great heights and suddenly fall down from their status. It’s like a snake waiting to harm us and pull us down. Devotion to Guru of any Dattatreya Avatar can surely help us
Parayan or Reading the life of saints regularly- Four Dattatreya avatars are
1. Shree Paadha Shree Vallabha – Charitramrutam – Available in Pithapuram – search google about this first Avatar of Lord Dattatreya in the 13th century.
2. Narasimha Saraswati ( Narasobwadi – Ganagapur ) – The saint’s life in the book Guru Charitra is wonderful and reading it regularly will help us.
3. Swami Samartha – Life of Akalkot Maharaj.
4. Shirdi Sai Baba – Regular reading of Sai Satcharitra by Hamadpant will make our life good as all these Guru’s wards off dangers and bad influences of any planets.
Some people loose jobs, have obstacles in studies and workplace, Business, etc. These too can be effects of Rahu and Ketu.
Rahu and Ketu effects on Relationships especially bad friends :
Rahu and Ketu can also bring bad companies like people who are good friends suddenly behave meanly to us and even cheat us. Try not to get into bad habits and use your self-control and determination to give up any bad habits. Be with people who speak the truth and accept you for what you are.
Please forgive me if the above facts are wrong. I read in an article on the net and also experienced myself. My left eye suddenly got pain while I was cleaning Dhuni in Nagasai mandhir as the Udi went in left eye. I have seen many times my Amma’s left eye unknowingly gets hurt but by Sai grace it heals immediately.
Rahu and Ketu can also do good to you :
Trust me no planets are bad. They just do their duty based on the good and bad deeds of yourself in previous several births and your ancestors ( parents, grandparents their parents, etc … ) .
Some people have Beneficial Rahu and Ketu and they flourish in life and live happily. Whatever bad effects in career and health issues I wrote may be due to some other reasons also. So let’s not blame Rahu and Ketu for everything bad on us. My goal is to simply help devotees forget bad effects and request Durga to do good to us.
Sai Durga Bless my Amma :
Today I started to write this article about Goddess Durga’s devotion as my Mother was suffering from respiratory problems. She’s managing and feeling better now. I might take her to the doctor and Nagasai mandhir later if she can travel to the temple.
When something bad happens to me or my family, I feel I must also do a favor to help other devotees by giving solutions to them. So let this article be a motivation to show pure devotion and love on Shirdi Sai baba and Goddess Durga for a lifetime.
The easiest thing is to listen to the beautiful song
“Aigiri Nandini ” which I have linked below this article and if possible and if time permits please light lemon lamps or any lamp regularly in the house praying Durga.
Can lemon lamps be lit in the house or only in the temple :
I will explain how to make a lemon lamp for people who have not done it. If your parents or elders are not willing to light lemon lamps in the house, don’t ask me if you can. It’s your personal decision. I wonder why people say this but some feel only in temples lemon lamps can be lit.
Probably it’s very fierce – Ugram as lemon is acidic in nature. So I request devotees to first offer one full lemon with kumkum infront of the Goddess or Sai photo to thank nature for offering us Lemon – the king of fruits in Spirituality. Then, use other lemons to cut and make lemon lamps. Personally in our house, we light lemon lamps every Friday and it’s only beneficial for us.
Trust me, Devotion has no rules.
Parents worried about their children’s education can also worship Goddess Durga along with Saraswati.
Beautiful alankaram for Goddess Durga as Saraswati! see SaiSaraswathi.com also
How to make Lemon lamps :
1. Take a lemon, press it on the floor, or any hard surface few times to make it become less hard.
2. Cut the lemon in two halves.
3. Take off all the juice by pressing in a cup, make sure all the flesh is completely off.
4. Invert the lemon gently in such a way that it makes a cup-like structure where u can pour oil or ghee. sometimes, the lemon will create a whole in the center which must not be used. That’s why you have to buy extra lemons.
5. Then take 2 wicks, Pour oil or ghee and light it.
6. You can pour extra oil or ghee while doing prayers if u want the lamps to continue burning .sometimes the lemon itself will start to burn because of overheat.
7. I explain everything in detail because since it involves fire, please take the utmost care while doing this pooja.
It’s not necessary that you only light lemon lamps. If not possible, light an ordinary earthen lamp or any lamp you can. ( Don’t ask me if you can light an electric lamp. I am surprised people ask this strange question too…ha… ha…. kaliyug …)
Goddess Durga Mantra – Aigiri Nandini
People in North India mostly sing Durga Chalisa and also Recite the holy Durga sSaptashati. I really love this Durga Mantra – Aigiri Nandini and its truly divine to listen remembering Goddess Durga…
Sairam friends, I hope this article which took over 2-3 hours for me to write helps you realize the greatness of Guru Bhakti and Devotion on Goddess Durga. I am not saying life’s going to be BIG once it’s done but as you know the big dangers which come will surely be reduced to small ones which can be overcome.
Naam smaran – Chanting of God’s name is the greatest way to help ourselves. So if you have no time for other pooja, visiting temples, etc, at least chant
Sai Durga …Sai Durga..Sai Durga..
or let’s say the chant
Any small mantra of Durga or simple ” Ma Durga..Ma Durga…Ma durga…”
If you can do naam smaran for 10 minutes a day, your life will surely be good by Sai Durga’s grace.
You might also like to learn how Shirdi Saibaba inspired me to read Durga Sahasranamam
26th March 2011