I requested my Sai Friend Nandini to share her simple and sweet Everyday Morning Pooja . I felt it will help new shirdi sai baba devotees and also regular Hindu Devotees who worship their favourite Gods. The pooja items thats available in India may not be easy to acquire abroad. So i request all of you to share your way of Doing everyday Morning Pooja as comments to this article or mail me from email in first page.
Everyday Morning Pooja for Shirdi Sai baba and Hindu Gods
I chant LalitaSahasranamam on Tuesdays and Fridays. It is also auspicious to chant that on Pournami days but I am not able to do it regularly. I usually start my pooja with Ganesha Pancharatnam and Saraswati slokas. These I chant even before I sit for pooja. When I sit down to begin my pooja, these are the things I do. The whole process, if done in a most simple way, will take about 30 minutes for me.
1. Change Baba’s shawl after wiping him with perfumed water.
2. Light sesame oil lamp (ghee lamp on special days), show agarbathi etc. chanting small Gayatri slokas of various Gods.
3. Then I begin chanting Mahalakshmi Ashtakam and Lalita Sahasranamam. It usually takes about 25 minutes. Some days I also chant Sri Suktam and a few other Devi slokas. But it all depends on how restless my daughter gets before that!
4. Daily I keep kalkandu for neivedyam near Baba’s Feet before I start with the chanting.
5. Next is karpoora arati. But again, I do that only when my husband is next to me, taking care of our daughter.
6. Some days, if she is quietly sitting and playing, I will get to read some scriptures after the chanting.
7. Finally, I offer my namaskarams and finish off my pooja.
As for flowers, I have to buy them from shops since I had no luck with potted plants. So I am not able to offer flowers daily. But we do have basil (tulasi) plant at home and I try to offer basil leaves during the pooja. (Please do NOT offer tulasi leaves for Ganesha).
This is my morning pooja routine at home, Venkat
Friends, Now share your way of everyday morning Pooja which can be inspire and motivate others to do simple pooja every day…Ofcourse every one has different ways to do Pooja. Some are too busy that they just have 2 minutes. I personally feel Naam smarna – chanting of Gods/Saints name in mind during your travel/work place few minutes is very good habit too.